About the Company
JING is the tea of choice among global connoisseurs, tastemakers, and hospitality leaders. Crafted in single origins by master producers, our teas represent the very best in the world of tea.
Dedicated to delivering unforgettable tea drinking experiences whilst enabling tea producers and their environments to thrive, JING has seen solid growth since its founding in 2004 and today is available in over 70 countries.
We are proud to be listed in many of the best 5-star hotels and to be served by some of the world’s greatest chefs, as well as direct to consumer via our owned e-commerce channel.
Our teas and infusions exemplify the finest expressions of authenticity, outstanding skill, and exceptional taste. With our expert guidance and tools, we empower tea drinkers to get more from their experience of tea.
As a hybrid model, we spend most of the week collaborating in our offices in central London or meeting our customers. We reserve time each week to work on projects at home too. We are supported by our founder and investors who have exceptional and long-standing experience working in the industry. We are always looking for innovative thinkers and doers to join our team on our exciting mission to revolutionise the world of tea. Together, we can improve the outlook for tea producers and their environments as well as the experience for tea lovers.
We value courage, ownership, innovation and efficiency. We are passionate about delivering great results and fostering a culture of learning. We want our teams to have the freedom to make impactful, long-term decisions. Above all, the well-being of our team and the people around us is a top priority.
About the Team
The Tea Experience team’s primary goal is to help more people discover the benefits of our single garden, high quality tea; to enable consumers to replicate their preferred tea drinking experience and to build a stronger emotional connection with them.
We lead the creation and dissemination of internal and external training programmes and materials. In close collaboration with other teams, such as Sales, Product and E-Commerce, we are responsible for designing and dissemination of how our products are best enjoyed, for perfect serves and for supporting the innovation process.
Due to our unique dedication to experience, we have an amazing opportunity for a hospitality trainer and ambassador to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Tea Experience, you will be responsible for driving increases in quality and quantity of JING served throughout our customers by delivering the JING training, audit, and advocacy programmes. You’ll spend most of your time in our network of 5* hotels, Michelin starred chefs and leading hospitality establishments delivering the training programmes you’ve designed with these partners. When you’re in the office you’ll be engaging and inspiring your teammates and our distribution partners through ownership and delivery of the internal product training programme. You’ll work with the Head of Tea to create recipes and perfect serve innovations.
Customer/Distributor Training Programmes
- Work with our 5* hotel and key hospitality accounts to deliver industry leading training programmes. Responsible for agreeing objectives, designing, and delivering (in person, virtual or by the creation of video) bespoke training programmes. These programmes will deliver perfect serve, JING brand awareness and tea knowledge up to sommelier level. They will inspire and enable customers and distributors to maximise volume and value of tea sales and to deliver exceptional tea experiences to their end consumers.
- Own the audit programme of lighthouse and key accounts, working with the Sales team to disseminate; capturing insights to support revenue opportunities and feedback to support innovation.
- Design, implement and own JING’s eLearning platform for international distributor and hospitality customer base.
- Maintain industry best practice training through building and maintaining a network of trainers, training managers, ambassadors and industry influencers.
- Work with Head of Tea Experience to create, manage and disseminate JING training materials.
- Represent brand at key consumer and trade events
Internal JING Company Tea Training
- Own and deliver optimised tea and product knowledge training that enables sales and customer service teams.
- Maximise the impact of new product launches through delivery of internal training
- Deliver weekly category/ brand engagement sessions to whole company to drive engagement and passion for our product and brand
- Train all JING new starters, disseminating a basic tea knowledge
Experience & Competencies required:
- A passion for and interest in high quality food and drink experiences;
- Knowledge of and network within high-end hospitality
- Staff and customer training experience
- Confident, clear communication skills including presentation and storytelling;
- Stakeholder management and ability inspire, engage and build relationships across a wide network
- Ability to strategize, write, design and implement training programmes according to customer requirements and JING brand best practices
- IT proficiency in PowerPoint and InDesign (ideal)
- Energetic and proactive, ability to prioritise own tasks and see projects through to completion.
- Have the flexibility to travel when required
What You Can Expect From JING
Aside from ensuring an industry-benchmark compensation package, including companywide annual bonus scheme and providing you with any training you need, we consult annually with our team to ensure our list of benefits is focused on things that matter to our team members most.
- Hybrid & Flexible Working: Typically, our team works Monday and Friday at home; Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursdays in our Central London (Victoria) office. We work a 35-hour week, with core hours from 9.00 – 16.00 and ask people not to book meetings after 16.00, so everyone is able to leave on time.
- Paid time-off: on top of any national / bank holidays, you get 26 days off (25 plus your birthday)
- Private Healthcare and Health Cash Plan: Flexible options to choose what fits
- Health and Wellbeing: Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Unlimited tea, high quality coffee, soft drinks, fruit, breakfast and snacks in the office
- Allocated Learning and Development Budget: together with plenty of learning and development opportunities
- Auto-Enrolment Pension Scheme: Generous employer contribution and offering flexibility to top your pension up and choose salary exchange
- Community: 2 days of paid leave per year available for volunteering / charitable work
- Long Service Recognition: Extra days of paid leave awarded to employees on hitting 3, 5 and 10-year milestones
- Employee Discount and friends and family discount on jingtea.com
JING is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and to avoiding unlawful discrimination in employment and against customers, visitors and clients. We believe we will only be successful if we have a genuinely diverse team where everyone feels comfortable. We encourage candidates from any underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don’t discriminate based on age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy/ maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins or caste), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status. Please let us know any accessibility requirements you might have for any interviews, and we will do our best to accommodate.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to [email protected]