Truffle recipes - White Chocolate & Jasmine
Gorgeous Tea-Infused Chocolate Truffles created by Waitrose Food Illustrated writer Rachel de Thample exclusively for JING.
These are truly luxurious. Even non-white chocolate fans fall in love with these sensual, gorgeous-scented truffles. Serve with a Gaiwan of jasmine pearls.
The best chocolate to use here is Green & Black’s white chocolate with vanilla.
Tea Truffle Recipe
- Break 200g white chocolate into a large glass bowl and add 15g unsalted, room temperature butter.
- Heat 250ml double cream with 4 heaped tablespoons Jasmine Silver Needle tea until simmering. Keep on a low heat for 3 minutes.
- Then allow to cream to cool and infuse with the tea for 10 minutes.
- Place the glass bowl containing the chocolate and butter over a bain marie (or a sauce pan large enough to hold the bowl suspended over it. Fill pan with 2cm water and bring to a rolling simmer) and strain the cream (leaving the tea leaves behind) over the chocolate.
- Stir the cream into the chocolate, which should be melting at this point from the heat of the bain marie. Allow to cool.
- Then, place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Once set, scoop up the mixture in rounded teaspoonfuls and roll by hand to form balls.
- Have a dish ready with 60g icing sugar. Roll the truffles in the sugar to coat and serve immediately or chill and eat within three days.