- Green Tea Organic Matcha Ceremonial Grade Umami, Cream, Cut Grass From Kirishima Chuou Garden, Kagoshima, Japan£28.00
- Teaware Handmade Ceremonial Matcha Bowl£70.00
- Teaware Bamboo Chashaku Matcha Spatula£15.00
- Teaware Bamboo Chasen Matcha Whisk£17.50
- Teaware Modern Matcha Gift SetOut of stock
- Teaware Matcha ShakerOut of stock
What Is Matcha Tea?
Matcha Tea, meaning literally ‘ground tea’, is a powdered form of green tea. Though it’s roots can be traced back to ancient China, the best matcha is now produced in Japan where this fine, deep green powder is traditionally ground using ‘mikage’ stone mills. The green tea used to create our organic Ceremonial Matcha is harvested from tea bushes that go through an intensive shading for 30 days before being picked. By blocking out the sunlight these leaves are enriched with a deeper colour and intense flavour. Ultimately creating a super-rich, creamy and umami green tea experience like no other.
Japanese Matcha Tea & Tools by JING
The ceremony around matcha dates back hundreds of years to medieval Japan. When Zen monks returning from voyages to China brought back the ritual and tools for preparing this powdered green tea. These matcha tools are still used by matcha lovers today, such as our bamboo chasen (tea whisk) and handmade chawan (tea bowl) which are perfect for traditional matcha. Or you can enjoy the benefits of matcha on the go with our modern matcha shaker. Check out our journal to discover how to make matcha, stories from origin, matcha recipes and other tea types.