Tea isn't just for drinking hot (or cold infused) but contributes itself as an ingredient to other delicious things: as a tea pairing, in pastry and gastronomy, and in tea cocktails. Often though, it can get lost in the midst of different flavours, and so we're always careful to maintain the integrity of the fantastic character of our teas by only working with simple or complementary ingredients.
We've collaborated with East London Liquor Company to bring you three recipes that we think taste great in their own right, and with the personality of the teas shining through.
- 25ml JING Jasmine Silver Needle infused* East London Liquor Company London Dry Gin
- 10ml Creme de Apricot
- 15ml Vanilla Sugar topped with very dry Proseccco
- Stirred down over ice, pour into a flute and top with very dry Prosecco
- A lavender or cornflower would work for garnish
*Jasmine white tea infusion per 500ml approx. 6g - infuse for an hour
- 40ml JING Red Dragon infused* East London Liquor Company Navy Strength Rum
- 2.5ml Maple syrup
- 3 Dashes Miracle Mile Bitters - sour cherry
- Stirred down over ice, strained and served neat into cocktail glass
- 25ml JING Earl Grey infused* East London Liquor Company Batch No1 Gin
- 20ml Lemon juice
- 15ml Vanilla sugar
- Topped with dry prosecco
- Stirred down and added to a flute or coupe, topped with dry prosecco, lemon zest spiral as garnish.
*Earl Grey infusion per 500ml approx. 6g - infuse for an hour, until the gin takes colour
Jasmine Silver Needle
This delicate but sweet tea is often used in tea cocktails for the structure it gives, and its pleasant floral notes. Scented with fresh jasmine, it complements citrus and summer fruit flavours, like strawberries. Serve hot, cold, or in a tea cocktail.
This uniquely rich and fruity black tea has syrupy black cherry and earthy undertones that taste fantastic next to a rum with demerara notes. A great addition to any tea cocktail. It works well as a cold infusion, too.
This zesty bergamot black tea brings so much character to a tea cocktail, and has a comforting, familiar taste. One of the most used teas for tea cocktails, it also works phenomenally well in pastry and chocolate, too.